The original full post is here: http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1887014 - you should check it out for the full list, but here are the highlights;
"Many industry business models will be challenged through 2015 as customers continue to adopt an always-connected digital lifestyle and market competitors exploit emerging technologies to achieve business growth and success,"
"Gartner analysts are highlighting the emerging trends that — once addressed — will better position industry leaders to align their business practices with the needs of customer and business partners"
"Cloud computing and social media will continue to provide industries with new avenues for effective customer communication and engagement, facilitating increased revenue and sustainable interaction with key customers,"
"New technologies such as media tablets and advances in mobile will have a disruptive impact on many industries, requiring changes to existing processes and propelling business transformation."
The top industry predictions include:
- By 2016, most consumers in mature markets will consider in-vehicle Web access a key criterion in their automobile purchase.
- By 2015, new, external social Web and cloud-based services will generate 25 percent of consumer-driven banking products and services.
- By 2016, the iPad will gain less than 50 percent of the K-12 market as CIOs favor devices that are deployed more readily.
- By 2015, 30 percent of smart grid projects will leverage cloud services to address big data from converging technologies.
- By 2013, government financial sustainability will join cost containment as the top driver and constraint for government IT spending.
- Until 2015, ineffective IT/OT management will risk serious failures in more than 50 percent of enterprises, and critical failures in asset-dependent ones.